Nature vs. Nurture- A Green Thumb
As many of you know, Mike and I bought and moved into my Aunt Ilze's parent's home. Mrs. Avens was an avid gardner so it expectations were high that I'd maintain her garden. Well, last year I tried my hardest but the family of deer that took up residence inside my garden were too much for me. I gave up on the whole thing mid-summer with plans to try again this year. So, this year I was committed to having a garden that was deer, rabbit, and groundhog proof.
My dad and I designed and built two raised garden beds complete with fortress-like fencing and sitting benches. If the animals get into these I'm just giving up altogether.
I've planted and I'm crossing my fingers that we actually get something this year. Time will tell if Mrs. Aven's green thumb was passed down through the house to me. Stay tuned...
My dad and I designed and built two raised garden beds complete with fortress-like fencing and sitting benches. If the animals get into these I'm just giving up altogether.
I've planted and I'm crossing my fingers that we actually get something this year. Time will tell if Mrs. Aven's green thumb was passed down through the house to me. Stay tuned...

Comments
Post a Comment