Man, 2 months of nights can really mess a person up! I don't know how the night nurses do it.
My last day on nights is Halloween. I'm hoping the bad weather keeps everyone safe at home that night.
I've seen and learned a lot about medicine, surgery, myself, family, life and death during my time in the SICU at Metro. I don't want to be morbid but I've been struck by how death is always lurking around the corner. I've seen lots of tears shed and have shed many of my own. Being away from Mike, Aidan, and Will has been hard but I'm hoping that the time I have given to my patients and their families has made me a better wife, mom, and person. I know I appreciate the blessings in my life more than ever now. God certainly works is awesome and mysterious ways.
We've made an effort to do something "fun" as a family on my days off. Below are some of the photos highlighting our trips to the park, beach, dairy farm, nature center, and just some times at home.
Jimmy came home at the beginning of October. It was so good to see him. He's going on a medical mission trip to Nigeria in the next few days. I'm already worrying about him but part of me is envious of his sense of adventure. I can't wait to see the pictures he takes and hear the stories of his time there. I hope you'll all pray for him and the rest of the surgical team going with him.
Aidan and Will are an endless source of happiness and humor. I think they've established quite a friendship already. I can't believe Will is 6 months old today.
As of November 1st I'm at UH for Transplant Surgery. For those of my friends and family that I haven't responded to over the past 2 months... I'm sorry. Once I get used to being awake with the rest of the world I'll be in touch!
 |
| Just hangin' out... |
 |
| Grandpa Kelly got me this great hat! Go Tribe! |
 |
| Uh Oh! Mom caught us. |
 |
| Yay Pumpkins!! |
 |
| Aidan being studious. |
 |
| Cheers Daddy! |
 |
| Cheers Mommy!! |
 |
| Rocky River Beach on a Sunday |
 |
| I think Aidan looks a lot like Mike (as a kid) in this picture. |
 |
| My guys! |
 |
| Saturday trip to the Lake Erie Science Center in Bay |
 |
| "I love you brother." |
 |
| Haircut Day! |
 |
| "Watch out, I don't have my license yet!" |
 |
| A little more than Aidan can really handle. |
 |
| "Hurry it up Daddy!" |
 |
| "I'm gonna make this rock skip 5 times." |
 |
| "Where's the grub?" |
 |
| Will... 6 months old and sitting up!! |
 |
| Aidan went to bed early... Let's party! |
Comments
Post a Comment